1. Photo by @thomaspeschak ” Big Fish Paradise” The seas around Aldabra atoll are a marine reserve where commercial and recreational fishing are prohibited. Nowhere else have I ever encountered so many x-tra large and inquisitive groupers. From forthcoming @natgeo story on #seychelles biodiversity. #fish #ocean #conservation
2. Photo by @paleyphoto (Matthieu Paley). There are no shops to buy food here, you must get it yourself – that means spending quite a lot of energy. To eat, Bajau women traditionally gather shells at low tide and collect seaweed, while men hunt for coral fish – a welcomed protein add-on to their diet. They very rarely eat deep water fish, which are just too hard to get. Bajau have been a nomadic, seafaring people for most of their history. They live on the Sulu Sea, spreading over the Philippines, Malaysia (state of Sabah), Indonesia and apparently even parts of Brunei. Part three of my @natgeo story on the #Evolution of #diet – how we are what we ate – coming out soon. #latergram #evolutionofdiet #Malaysia @thephotosociety @natgeocreative
3. Photo by @BrianSkerryAn Oceanic Whitetip shark cruises through stormy seas in the pelagic waters of The Bahamas. Considered one of the most dangerous predatory sharks, this species stocks have been severely depleted worldwide due to over fishing and finning. Coverage from an upcoming story on Oceanic Whitetip sharks in @natgeo.#predators #subal
4. Photo by @BrianSkerryA mahi-mahi cruises quickly just beneath the ocean surface in the offshore waters of the Bahamas.Shot #onassignment for @natgeo.#dorado #subal
5. Photo by @BrianSkerryA female Oceanic Whitetip Shark swims through pelagic waters with three pilotfish in The Bahamas. Considered one of the top predatory species of sharks, this species numbers have been dramatically reduced worldwide due to over fishing.Coverage from an upcoming @natgeo story about Oceanic Whitetips.@thephotosociety @natgeocreative#oceanicwhitetips #onassignment #subal
6. @paulnicklen on assignment for @natgeo. @cristinamittermeier is bathed in a curtain of light in a cenote entrance, Yucatan, Mexico. Here she is carrying extra dive lights helping us prepare for our deep cave dive. #rebreather #cavediving #cenote #mexico #adventure @natgeocreative #beauty #explore
7. Photo by @BrianSkerryA harbor seal plays in kelp near the surface at Cortes Banks, a range of undersea mountains located 100-miles off the coast of San Diego, CA. Shot #onassignment for @natgeo.@thephotosociety @natgeocreative#seamounts #subal
8. Photo by @argonautphoto (Aaron Huey) another frame from my first day with an underwater housing. I’m from Wyoming (landlocked) and a bit afraid of the ocean and it’s creatures, so this was a big breakthrough for me. #FrenchPolynesia #Sharks!!!
9. Photo by @argonautphoto (Aaron Huey). A Blacktip Reef Shark in 3 feet of water at the South Pass of the atoll of #Fakarava, French Polynesia. First days with an underwater housing!
10. @paulnicklen for @natgeo. A ringed seal, cautious of polar bears, approaches the surface of its breathing ice hole. They maintain up to six holes so they can escape polar bears in their never ending game of cat and mouse. #picoftheday #wildlife #natgeocreative #nature #nationalgeographic #cute #climatechange
11. Photo by @BrianSkerryA pair of Double-Bar Goatfish (male and female) spawning at dusk in the waters off Millennium Atoll in the central South Pacific. These remote reefs remain largely unspoiled with healthy fish biomass and coral cover up to 100% in most locations. Coverage from an upcoming story in @natgeo about the Southern Line Islands.@thephotosociety @natgeocreative#pristineseas #kiribati #subal
12. Photo by @argonautphoto (Aaron Huey). From my first foray into underwater photography. A story on #BlackPearls in the #atoll of #Fakarava, French Polynesia.
13. Photo by @BrianSkerryA pair of wild bottle nose dolphins socialize in the waters of The Bahamas. Dolphins have the largest brains relative to body size after humans and demonstrate intelligence in a variety of ways.Coverage from an upcoming @natgeo story about dolphins.@thephotosociety#dolphins #bahamas #subal
14. @paulnicklen on #assignment for @natgeo with @cristinamittermeier. A humpback whale lunge feeds through a school of herring in Norway. Shot for our upcoming story on orca and humpback feeding behavior. #whale #power @natgeocreative @thephotosociety #beauty #nature #wildlife.
15. Photo by @BrianSkerryAn orca hunts seal lion pups very close to shore in Punta Norte, Argentina. A small number of orca here have developed a unique feeding technique in which they attack sea lion pups on the beaches. From an upcoming story in @natgeo about dolphins.@thephotosociety#orca #patagonia #onassignment_________________________________
16. @paulnicklen on assignment for @natgeo at #pipeline #NorthShore, #Hawaii with @cristinamittermeier. @john_john_florence gets deep into the barrel, making it look easy on one of the most intense waves in the world. #surf #surfing @hurley #picoftheday #ocean #sealegacy #hawaiianpride #power #natgeocreative
17. Photo by @Spono. Swimming among 28,000 #cobia in a giant fish farming cage off the coast of #Panama is an interesting feeling to say the least. #Exploring the #FutureOfFish with @DanEnRoute. #onward #aquaculture #scuba #asfreshasitgets #openblue #openbluecobia
18. Photo by @thomaspeschak Galapagos sharks rule the night in the seas off Bassas da India, a remote atoll in the Mozambique Channel. Unpublished photo from April 2014 @natgeo magazine story “Tale of two Atolls”. #sharks #underwater #photography #oceans @saveourseasfoundation @thephotosociety
THIS ONE’S NOT FROM INSTAGRAM, IT’S AN UPLOAD!
SAME WITH THIS ONE!
Who’s the crazy dude hugging the dolphin?